We know how much our WALK IT events mean to our supporters and the Crohn’s and Colitis community, so this is a great new way to get involved and raise vital funds!
My WALK IT is a virtual challenge which you can complete to support the Crohn’s and Colitis community, even in lockdown. You can choose to walk 5k or 10k – this could be in your local park, laps of your garden, or even done over several days! All participants will receive a virtual medal and certificate upon completing their distance.
To help support the charity’s work, we encourage you to raise £100 if you can, and if you raise over £50 you’ll be eligible for a physical medal!
Ready, set, go!
It’s quick, easy and simple to join our WALK IT community. Here is how to get started -
- Step 1: Enter online to take part in a 5K walk or 10K walk. Registration fees are £5 per participant.
- Step 2: Set up your fundraising page using JustGiving and start collecting your sponsorship. We encourage you to raise £100 if you can, and if you raise over £50, you will be eligible for a physical medal!
- Step 3: Shout about your challenge and share your chosen walk across your social media platforms and don’t forget to tag us @CrohnsColitisFR
- Step 4: Upload your proof to RealBuzz of your completed distance! Either a screenshot of your tracker app e.g. Strava, Garmin, Runkeeper, or a photo of your treadmill display. If you completed the walk over a few days, make sure to upload all of your screen shots.
- Step 5: If you raised over £50, send us a link to your fundraising page and we’ll send you out a medal in the post!
Download our My WALK IT guide for further information and tops tips for organising your My WALK IT. We've also created a press release template and some tips for pitching your story into local press, so that you can share your story far and wide!
You can take part in My WALK IT anytime but please do follow Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing. Check out our FAQs for any questions you might have, or contact our friendly Supporter Care team at email@example.com.
You can set up a JustGiving page here.
Together, we can work towards better lives today and a future world free from Crohn’s and Colitis.