The support of volunteers is so important in making WALK IT a success. Having you with us will make all the difference.
There are lots of ways that you can help and play your part, with opportunities to suit everyone:
- Meet and greet walkers on arrival
- Check-in registered walkers
- Clap, wave, cheer and encourage walkers on the route
- Marshall the route and provide info to walkers
- Congratulate walkers and hand out medals
- ...and lots more!
For more detail about what you might be asked to do, please check out the WALK IT Volunteer Role Description (pdf). Volunteers must be aged 18 or over. If you're 16-18 then you can volunteer if you volunteer with a parent or guardian.
By volunteering at WALK IT I was able to meet lots of people who live with the same illness as me. It made me realise I'm not alone!”
WALK IT Dates
- Saturday 16 May 2020 - Swansea
- Saturday 30 May 2020 - Plymouth
- Saturday 6 June 2020 - Manchester
- Saturday 13 June 2020 - Birmingham
- Saturday 20 June 2020 - London
- Saturday 27 June 2020 - Edinburgh
- Saturday 4 July 2020 - Bristol
- Saturday 11 July 2020 - Newcastle
In return for your support on the day, we’ll offer you:
- A chance to gain experience and do something different!
- A chance to meet new people in your community
- A clear advanced briefing and on-the-day training
- Refreshments – a snack pack along with tea, coffee and water
- Travel expenses up to £20 will be reimbursed after the event (receipts required)
- A free t-shirt!
For more information on volunteering for Crohn’s & Colitis UK, have a look at our Volunteer Guidance (pdf).
Thoroughly enjoyed my first volunteering experience! Felt completely at ease and comfortable. The event was well organised and the atmosphere was amazing! Can't wait to join the next event and raise awareness for this Crohn's and Colitis.
For enquiries about volunteering at WALK IT, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01727 734 475
For other WALK IT related enquiries, please contact email@example.com or 01727 734 485