Crohn’s & Colitis UK are pleased to offer a free full day training programme for IBD Specialist Nurses focusing on the delivery and management of hospital based advice line services for people living with Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis.
Applications for the training programme are now closed.
Rapid access to specialist advice should be available to patients to guide early flare intervention, including access to a telephone/email advice line with response by the end of the next working day.
98% of respondents to the 2019 Crohn’s & Colitis UK IBD Nursing Survey provide advice line services, but only 10% had ever undergone any type of formal training.
75% rated stress levels associated with advice line provision as >8 (0-10 with 10 most stressful)
Aims of the Programme:
- To provide definition and clarity of what an advice/help/flare/support line service is - and is not!
- To explore boundary setting and signposting, service development and working effectively with the wider IBD team
- Understand what resilience is and consider how to build this into service delivery
- Increase awareness and utilisation of available support services to promote patient self-management
The training will be delivered virtually using Microsoft Teams and has been developed by IBD nurses, IBD patients, and the Helpline team from Crohn’s & Colitis.
The training is provided free of charge but places are limited to a maximum of 20 per half-day course, so register early!
- Tuesday 26th October 2021, 10:00am - 4:30pm.
- Expressions of interest are now closed. Successful applicants will be selected from those that have expressed interest.
- This will be the final date for 2021.