IBD UK, an exciting new alliance of organisations responsible for driving up the standards of care and treatment of people with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), was launched in August.
The overarching goal of this group is to ensure that people with IBD receive consistent high quality, person-centred care wherever they live in the UK and have the best possible outcomes.
This partnership of organisations will focus on a range of issues from defining quality by looking at what does ‘good’ patient centred care look like, to embedding research, and quality improvement in IBD services and care. The group will also look at sharing good practice and communication, and raising IBD on the political agenda.
The following organisations have all become part of this important new initiative;
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Dietetic Association
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition
- Crohn’s and Colitis UK
- Primary Care Society for Gastroenterology
- Royal College of Nursing
- UK Clinical Pharmacy Association
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
- British Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology
- CICRA – Crohn’s in Childhood Research Association
- IA – The ileostomy and internal pouch Support Group
- Royal College of GPs
- Royal College of Pathologists
- Patient representatives
- IBD Registry Executive Team
IBD UK has been something we have been working towards for the last 12 months and the formation of this important new alliance is tremendous news. We have all the right people and organisations around the table to make a difference and together we will be working hard to ensure that IBD UK becomes a powerful and influential force for everyone affected by Inflammatory Bowel Disease.