Information for people with Crohn’s and Colitis about COVID-19, risk levels and the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
Read our information on:
- The COVID-19 vaccine for people with Crohn’s or Colitis
- The third dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- The booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine
We are aware that there are some delays and problems in people getting their third vaccine dose. We are working hard to make your voices heard. It may help to show your specialist, GP or the vaccination centre this letter to explain your situation.
We have detailed information about the risk categories on our risk page.
You can quickly check your risk level using our decision tree.
- If you test positive for coronavirus, or you're experiencing symptoms, your IBD team may advise you to pause some of your medicines until you feel better. Find out more in our information on testing positive
- Hear from people with Crohn's and Colitis who have tested positive for COVID-19 on how the virus affected them
I had many of the symptoms, including a fever, cough and loss of taste and smell but it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I imagined it would be. I had some lingering fatigue for probably 2 or 3 weeks after I recovered, but then got back to full health.
- If you are concerned about returning to work or finances, see our employment and finances information.
- We've put together some tips for getting the most out of your virtual appointment (telephone or video).
It is important to look after yourself and take care of your mental wellbeing. We have put together some information and links to help you cope and improve your wellbeing:
- The NHS has information about how to cope with anxiety about lockdown lifting.
- The charity MIND has lots of helpful information about maintaining your mental wellbeing including managing feelings about lockdown easing and tips for taking care of your mental wellbeing.
- See our Wellbeing Support page for how we can help.
We know that the coronavirus pandemic has been difficult for many of you. If you have any questions or need to talk, you can contact our confidential Helpline via email, telephone or Live Chat - 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.