Lead researcher: Crohn’s & Colitis UK
Our Life in Lockdown survey ran during June and July - an incredible 7,666 people with Crohn’s and Colitis took part to help us understand the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Here are some of the key results:
- 96% of you think Crohn’s & Colitis UK have understood and accommodated your needs during the pandemic.
- 1 in 5 people with Crohn’s and Colitis didn’t receive the correct information about whether or not they should be shielding.
- Almost 1 in 5 people had a flare because they couldn’t access the health services they needed.
- Almost half of people with Crohn’s and Colitis said: My mental health has been negatively affected by the pandemic.
- Three quarters of people with Crohn’s and Colitis disagreed or strongly disagreed that the general public have understood or accommodated their needs.
- Over half of people with Crohn’s and Colitis have had more time to rest during the pandemic.
- 42% think the pandemic could change the way we work for the better.
For more information on these results, visit our news item.