For general information about Crohn’s, Colitis and other forms of Inflammatory Bowel Disease patients can also contact the Crohn’s & Colitis UK helpline.
We offer a confidential service providing information and support to anyone affected by Crohn's or Colitis.
Our team can:
- help patients understand more about Crohn's or Colitis, diagnosis and treatment options
- provide information on how to live well with the conditions
- help understand and access disability benefits
- be there to listen if patients need someone to talk to
- arrange contact with a trained support volunteer who has a personal experience of Crohn's or Colitis
Contact us in the following ways:
Telephone: 0300 222 5700
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday – 9 am to 5 pm
Thursday – 9 am to 1 pm
Calls to this number are charged at a standard landline rate or may be free if you have an inclusive minutes package. Calls may be recorded for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
Web Chat (Live Online): Visit our information service page for more information
In an emergency:
If your problem is more urgent, or it is clear the advice line is not available, then you should
contact your GP or out of hours service.
Out of hours services differ slightly in each UK country.
Call NHS Direct Wales on 08454647
If you live in the Swansea, Neath or Bridgend areas call 111